Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Holi(Day)!!!

Prior to 1st March, no excitement. A friend asked "What's plan for Holi ?" . I answered " Plan!! I am not even in the festive mood." Why? Because I can't see it. It might have become a regular holiday for almost everyone atleast for those I know. It needs no preparation like decoration et al. About festive food , now it all available in the market. One just need to spend some money. Making "gujiya" at home is still a pleasure which this time mom abstained from.

The forte of festival of color is that it colors you in its own spirit no matter how hard you try not to. Unlike other festivals, one need not to strain one's brain on what to wear but to decide upon which piece of clothe to sacrifice for celebration. .The first and foremost thing I did is to oil my hair and put a layer of jelly(petroleum) on skin to prevent skin damage cause due to inorganic colors.Last year i resoluted to play holi with organic colors only but i cant prevent others to use it. This year I decided to play dry as one of my another friend inspired me by explaining on how much galloons of water being wasted on this day not only in playing but in washing off the colors too afterwards. He was not at all in save water campaign, but had a thought worth considering. So i did.

Thereafter continued the Happy Holi session with rubbing the colors on each others faces, embracing and wishing holi.
                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment